REAL is for real people.
We saw a need for a simple, common-sense approach to buying, selling, and owning property that fits the modern way of life. So we created REAL.
Identify the property.
You choose the home, one you want or already own. We buy it for cash and lease it back to you. It’s that simple.
The real estate acquisition lease is a specialized contract. The REAL Homeownership Trust holds the title while you receive all the benefits of homeownership, including 100% of any net appreciation.
Choose the solution best for you.
Buyers – Select any property on the open market and work with your real estate agent to negotiate as an all-cash buyer.
Sellers – Sell using REAL and use the proceeds to secure a mortgage on another property — or to make improvements that ensure the home sells for top dollar when you exit the Program.
Existing Homeowners – Sell and stay in your home to access equity without having to move. You can pay off debt, buy out other owners, or make home improvements.
An experience that makes sense.
With REAL, buying and selling property is easier than ever. Here’s how it works:
Entering the program
- Authorize your credit report and background check
- Don’t use income or employment for qualifying
- Don’t restrict your source of funds to close
Pick your property
- Choose the home you want to buy, sell, or continue to own
- We make sure the home meets the Program criteria: located in a market we serve; in good structural condition; similar in size and value to other homes in the area
- We perform due diligence on the property — such as valuation, inspection, etc.
Finalize the terms
- You lead all contract negotiations
- Pay an Acquisition Premium to the REAL Homeownership Trust to secure your option to purchase
- The Trust buys the home for cash and you close using the acquisition lease
Enjoying REAL Homeownership
- You occupy the property as a primary or second home
- You make it your home, including keeping up on maintenance and repairs
- Make monthly payments to the REAL Homeownership Trust
- The Trust pays all property taxes and insurance during the Program term
What’s next is up to you
- Make decisions that work for your life circumstances
- Choose to exit the Program
- Or, extend your lease term — with no increase to the price you pay for the home
Exiting the Program
Exit anytime within the Program term
- Simply pay off the Program Balance*
- There are no penalties for exiting early
- You can keep 100% of any net appreciation
Choose the exit that works best for you
- Obtain a traditional mortgage
- Sell the property on the open market
- Pay in cash
*The Program Balance is the total amount the REAL Homeownership Trust paid for the property plus a 2.5% transaction fee.